Athabasca Barnburner

Discuss and critique bands and players here. Famous bands, local bands, your band, my band, whatever
Marcgervais
Greenhorn

Athabasca Barnburner

Post by Marcgervais » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Athabasca Barnburner is my band, based out of Jasper National Park in Alberta Canada. We are a 3 piece (acoustic, clawhammer banjo and double bass) our style isn't quite bluegrass, not quite old time and definitely not country.. singing original tunes about the Bible and the bottle and everything in between.. we have a 3 song demo (recorded with 1 crappy Mike in a basement apartment next to the railway) on Bandcamp under Athabasca Barnburner.. not sure how to make a link.. full album being printed and should on its way within days..

Dinsdale
Rising Star

Re: Athabasca Barnburner

Post by Dinsdale » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:49 am

Sounds great. Love the name.

This you guys?

And this?

Always gets tough to "define" a style, if you have varied influences or differ from a specific norm. But you bang on an upright, which is good enough for plenty of folk around here.

Saw several Youtubes under your name, with varying line-ups and (gasp!) an electric bass guitar! :o ;)

Welcome. And post often.

Marcgervais
Greenhorn

Post by Marcgervais » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:27 pm

That is indeed us. We've had various lineups over the last couple years, for a while we had an electric bass player but we told him to get. Lol. Even had a (gasp) drummer.. but he locked his keys in his car and he cant figure out how to get out, the windows are cracked and he's got water, im sure he'll be fine. Thanks for checking us out Dinsdale

Marcgervais
Greenhorn

Post by Marcgervais » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:38 pm

That video of us playing outside was a gig at the mid mountain chalet at our local ski area.. i'm playing guitar on that one, my grandfathers '73 yamaki deluxe.. outside winter gig on a mountain, it was cold as hell but we got er done