Looking for a bass at IBMA

daveonbass
Rising Star

Looking for a bass at IBMA

Post by daveonbass » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Hey Bassers. anyone know where a good friend could rent or borrow a bass for IBMA? asking for his son. My son is already borrowing a bass from our fellow board guy, Wineaux. Thanks again. My friend Joe Osborne has a son showcasing and playing at IBMA. The two boys have conflicting schedules and Joe's son Andrew is really needing to find a bass. Andrew is a great bassist and treats all instruments with care and respect. Joe drove to Lowe"s Vintage last year to borrow a bass, so he's willing to drive to get one. We are from CA, and travel with an upright can be a real pain. If you have any suggestions on where he might rent, borrow or beg a bass for IBMA, please let me know and I'll put you in touch with Joe.
thanks davegooding@sbcglobl.net 707 365 1940 or right here.

daveonbass
Rising Star

Re: Looking for a bass at IBMA

Post by daveonbass » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:56 pm

Found! Just got a message from Joe saying hey found a bass! Thanks everyone

wineaux
Legend

Re: Looking for a bass at IBMA

Post by wineaux » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:14 am

For the last three or four years, I've been honored to loan an upright to Dave's son and to watch and listen to him develop. He's way better than me. The last two years, he even wore red Chuck Taylor high-tops like I do when I play!

I know basses are personal and represent an investment, but I've grown from this sharing and learned to share my toys. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
'47 Kay S-9
1960s carved German factory bass
1860s German flatback
Paul Beard bass Dobro
Kala U-bass