Quiet Around Here

News, tragedies and other misfortunes. Also: updates, general annoucements, random thoughts from the BOFH.

Moderator: Basshawg

bustamelon
Site Admin

Quiet Around Here

Post by bustamelon » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:02 pm

Hi folks. As some have pointed out, and I'm sure the few members who still stop by regularly are well aware, the old BassGrass board has been a bit of a ghost town for the last while. That might be due in large part to the fact that your humble host here has been flat out running like a one armed paper hanger. Between the new day job with added responsibilities, a family to provide for and spend time with, a busy band at the tail end of the busy season, and a house on the market, I haven't had much time for anything else.

So, my apologies. Thanks to all of you who still check in. If you have any ideas as to how we might pick things up, I am all ears. If you know people who might be interested in joining, and adding to the conversation, please pass the word along.

Thanks!
2007 New Standard Cleveland, #270 w/ Full Circle
Late 50s Epiphone w/ Realist
57 Fender Precision Reissue
Ampeg B-15 Fliptop
Acoustic Image Coda 2 Channel Combo Amplifier - SERIES 4

flip18436572
Superstar

Re: Quiet Around Here

Post by flip18436572 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:59 am

Forums like this are dying out everywhere because of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter type of accounts. I look at this forum once a day when I have access to my PC. So usually Monday - Friday and some weekend days.

But, I also suck at posting here, because I am not doing Bluegrass anymore as that is not an option in my area for players. That and I am in an acoustic 3 piece that could play 3 nights a week if we wanted to. But, we all have full time jobs that we need to survive. That and we were supposed to be down from the end of September until February to relax and enjoy family, but we are currently booked through the end of the year around family events and my art.

So, the 2016 spring CD has not even been started and we are hoping to start recording in January.....

bustamelon
Site Admin

Post by bustamelon » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:51 am

flip18436572 wrote:Forums like this are dying out everywhere because of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter type of accounts.
I'm sure you're right about that!
flip18436572 wrote:But, I also suck at posting here, because I am not doing Bluegrass anymore as that is not an option in my area for players.
Too bad about that. But please don't feel like that means your input is any less valuable or appreciated.
flip18436572 wrote:That and I am in an acoustic 3 piece that could play 3 nights a week if we wanted to. But, we all have full time jobs that we need to survive. That and we were supposed to be down from the end of September until February to relax and enjoy family, but we are currently booked through the end of the year around family events and my art.

So, the 2016 spring CD has not even been started and we are hoping to start recording in January.....
We all do too much! I am going to work on having less to do. :) I will let you know how that goes.
2007 New Standard Cleveland, #270 w/ Full Circle
Late 50s Epiphone w/ Realist
57 Fender Precision Reissue
Ampeg B-15 Fliptop
Acoustic Image Coda 2 Channel Combo Amplifier - SERIES 4

flip18436572
Superstar

Post by flip18436572 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:05 am

Working on having less to do!!!! hahahahahahahaha

seenoweevil
Rising Star

Post by seenoweevil » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:43 am

I've gone down from checking this site every morning to about once a week just because there's not much on here. I was starting to feel like I was the only one posting and maybe I'd run everyone off.....don't tell me if it's true! :?
my band schedule page:
http://www.leipersforkbluegrassgroup.com/id3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;