Fun Rehearsal

LeftyBass
Rising Star

Fun Rehearsal

Post by LeftyBass » Sun May 20, 2012 10:08 pm

Yesterday, our band practiced at historic Fort Klamath - established in 1863, abandoned in 1893. We started playing outside in the large gazebo. Boy-oh-boy did my bass love that echo chamber the cone-shaped roof created! Even with all open sides! But the wind came up, and we relocated out of the wind to the outside porch of the Guard House - a replication building of the original that burned down a few years ago.

Then we moved inside. Better acoustics yet. The wood floors, the wood walls and ceiling - lots of great places for the bass to bounce sound off of. Could hardly believe that was my bass making all that sound. Ahhhhh . . . . . A good practice.

Then in today's local paper, the nearby State Park and Logging Museum had a big write-up about all the summertime activities coming up. Our monthly bluegrass jam was listed as the full paper width headline, and our band was named several times in the article. And yes - I can still get my head through the door ( but not too easily . . . :lol: )

Lefty Bass
Left-handed Player on a Right-handed Bass

wineaux
Legend

Re: Fun Rehearsal

Post by wineaux » Mon May 21, 2012 4:44 am

:pipe: :pipe: :pipe:
'47 Kay S-9
1960s carved German factory bass
1860s German flatback
Paul Beard bass Dobro
Kala U-bass

Gufenov
Legend

Re: Fun Rehearsal

Post by Gufenov » Tue May 22, 2012 5:58 am

When it's good, it's good! It's great when everything comes together! Glad you had this wonderful experience, Lefty.