Busking anyone?

Marcgervais
Greenhorn

Busking anyone?

Post by Marcgervais » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:58 pm

Any of you fellas take your music to the streets? We decided instead of playing in the backyard we might as well walk downtown with instruments and let er rip, we can usually make 2-300 bucks in a couple hours. Sometimes people put beers or little nuggets of herbal green and gold goodness in our case, gotta love Canada!. Of course we do live in a tourist town in the Rocky mountains so it's really easy to get a street crowd going.. the really cool thing is when people from other nations gather round, some of whom maybe have never seen or heard bluegrass before.. the effect on the little kids is incredible.. we managed to make enough cash to pay for our album, recording,mastering, travel expenses and hotel rooms and the works without paying a penny out of pocket..

flip18436572
Superstar

Re: Busking anyone?

Post by flip18436572 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:29 am

In some towns Busking takes a permit, which costs money and time. We don't do it, because we have enough shows to cover any of the times. We do free events as fundraisers to help others out and do jams and things. I really enjoyed New Orleans and all the busking. Was fun, cost me a lot of money to watch, because we always pay to watch as we know what they are doing and how much they have to love doing it.

Marcgervais
Greenhorn

Re: Busking anyone?

Post by Marcgervais » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:30 pm

Where i live a permit is required, its $100 for the summer season. Sounds pricey but if you cant make that 100 bucks back in a couple hours you probably shouldnt be busking.. it is a pile of fun though