Strings for sale

Forum rules
You must list a specific price when selling any item. Please do not post "feelers." You must also indicate your location, in your profile and (optionally) in the post itself. Prices are assumed to be given in US dollars unless otherwise noted.

CAVEAT EMPTOR: BUYER BEWARE
Please use your best judgment when making transactions. The owner(s)/operator(s) of this board cannot be responsible for any deal gone wrong. By using this forum you agree that you are solely responsible for your own actions/transactions and any loss that may occur as a result.
dombrosky14
Padawan

Strings for sale

Post by dombrosky14 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:02 pm

Im 6 months new to playing double bass and am on my third set of strings trying to find "my strings" for my bass. For now I've settled on Spirocores but I have some strings for sale that personally didn't care for, for one reason or another. I have no experience in selling used strings so honestly have no idea what a fair price is.

1- Used set of Clef Guts that came on my bass. I don't know how old they are but they seem to be in good shape I oiled them with olive oil and clipped any hairs immediately.

2- brand new D & G Clef Guts. got them with my bass, never been used, oiled, tied or anything.

3- set of Helicore Orchestrals that were used for a few months.

Again, I don't know what a fair price for used strings is. Im just trying to regain some of my money so I can put it toward my Ubass purchase. :D Paypal is preferred.
-Warwick Corvette Std(German made)
-Epiphone Thunderbird PRO
-Crestline P-bass(70's, maple neck, tele style pup)
-Kala U-bass
-MIM Jazz Bass(Fender Custom Shop pups)
-MIM Jazz Bass 5 string

kungfusheriff
Greenhorn

Re: Strings for sale

Post by kungfusheriff » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi, donbroyski

I'd be interested in the guts if you still have them. While I'm a new member here, I use the same handle on talkbass and eBay, and have 100% positive feedback on both sites.

Cash, or trading for other strings I have and aren't using, would both work for me.

Thanks!

lowendrick
Legend

Post by lowendrick » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:17 pm

kungfusheriff wrote:Hi, donbroyski

I'd be interested in the guts if you still have them. While I'm a new member here, I use the same handle on talkbass and eBay, and have 100% positive feedback on both sites.

Cash, or trading for other strings I have and aren't using, would both work for me.

Thanks!
wow, kungfusheriff over here on the other side? welcome, you'll recognize many people here.
'14 New Standard Cleveland with Realist Lifeline
1940 Kay C-1
'95 Fender MIA P-bass
Acoustic Image Coda 2 Channel Combo SERIES 4
Ampeg 1x15 -old Hot Rize rig w/Slade sticker
Acoustic 150b amp head
Schroeder Mini 12L

kungfusheriff
Greenhorn

Post by kungfusheriff » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:15 am

Hi, Rick, and thanks for the welcome. Been lurking on this board occasionally and picked up some very good information but never got around to signing up until this week.

dombrosky14
Padawan

Post by dombrosky14 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:11 pm

I potentially have the guts sold. Im meeting the guy tomorrow. Ill let you know if the deal falls through and they become available.
-Kala U-bass
-MIM Jazz Bass 5 string

kungfusheriff
Greenhorn

Post by kungfusheriff » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:35 pm

Cool, thanks!

dombrosky14
Padawan

Post by dombrosky14 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:40 pm

all strings are sold. thanks for the interest.
-Kala U-bass
-MIM Jazz Bass 5 string