FS 1954 American Standard

Forum rules
You must list a specific price when selling any item. Please do not post "feelers." You must also indicate your location, in your profile and (optionally) in the post itself. Prices are assumed to be given in US dollars unless otherwise noted.

CAVEAT EMPTOR: BUYER BEWARE
Please use your best judgment when making transactions. The owner(s)/operator(s) of this board cannot be responsible for any deal gone wrong. By using this forum you agree that you are solely responsible for your own actions/transactions and any loss that may occur as a result.
jonbonblugras
Greenhorn

FS 1954 American Standard

Post by jonbonblugras » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:23 am

For sale is my 1954 American Standard made in Cleveland. I'm told I don't need 3 basses so this one finally goes. It has served me well for many years as I am the second owner and it has be well maintained. Set up by the fine folks at Cincinnati Bass Cellar who proclaimed it one of the nicer Standards they've seen! Strung with new Spiros, it has the usual wear expected from these instruments. Those of you who are familiar with the Am Std know what to expect. Very comfortable with a thinner neck and having a larger body, it is LOUD and resonates well. A players bass ready to go. Comes with Adjustable bridge, Fishman BP 100 pick up, and nice bag.
A fair value for this condition at $3300. Bass located in Dayton OH area. 614-580-8956
Attachments
Cleve71KB2.JPG
Cleve71KB2.JPG (43.48 KiB) Viewed 4980 times
Cleve71KB1.JPG
Cleve71KB1.JPG (44.03 KiB) Viewed 4980 times

BumArmBob
Sub

Re: FS 1954 American Standard

Post by BumArmBob » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:22 pm

Beautiful piece! I wish I had that much to spend but it is out of my range. :(

I live in Fairborn and would love to see it but I fear I may just leave drool on it. LOL :)

jonbonblugras
Greenhorn

Re: FS 1954 American Standard

Post by jonbonblugras » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:15 pm

Thanks Bob! It is in great shape. Feel free to call me with what would be a closer price for you being local and all. By the way, this bass came from Fairborn 27 years ago.