more guitar art

Random unfiltered thoughts go here. Any subject (almost) is welcome.
flip18436572
Superstar

more guitar art

Post by flip18436572 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:22 am

I keep getting asked to build more guitar art pieces, so here are the latest two. The simple one is the requested style from multiple people at the last art show and I ran out of guitars. So, I got one of their liking and then I made a Tele, that I have wanted to do for quite some time.

Enjoy.
Attachments
tele_allchain_body.jpg
tele_allchain_body.jpg (91.47 KiB) Viewed 3000 times
tele_allchain_full.jpg
tele_allchain_full.jpg (68.42 KiB) Viewed 3000 times
tele_expmetneck_tuners.jpg
tele_expmetneck_tuners.jpg (77.68 KiB) Viewed 3000 times

Dinsdale
Rising Star

Re: more guitar art

Post by Dinsdale » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:28 am

Those are cool. Are they "actual size"? How do you make them, how long does it take, and what do you get for them?

flip18436572
Superstar

Re: more guitar art

Post by flip18436572 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:03 pm

Dinsdale wrote:Those are cool. Are they "actual size"? How do you make them, how long does it take, and what do you get for them?
They are made actual size or very close to as I used my guitars to build wooden outlines to build to. Of course each one takes a different amount of time. The all take a few hours or more, depending upon how detailed I decide to go, or in the case of the one with many chains, how I decide to lay it all out and how many times. Every chain link has to be welded to have it keep its form. Each one I build is different, because it depends upon what I have in my shop for materials and what details I want to use in what piece. Some I stop earlier than others, because I have people that want certain things left simple and others want detail. I make a lot of them with bicycle parts and I also use bicycle parts and motorcycle parts to build desk and floor lamps, tables, wall art, etc...

Each one is priced differently depending upon the cost I have in materials and how much time I have invested. They start at $125.00 and go up from there.