Bought me a new bass! Eastman vb95

Discuss big wooden things here -- doghouse bass, upright bass, double bass, bass fiddle, bull fiddle, contrabass fiddle
Marcgervais
Greenhorn

Bought me a new bass! Eastman vb95

Post by Marcgervais » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Hey y'all, I'm new to the forum and new to double bass. After playing my band mates cremona for a bit I was hooked, went out and got myself a Stentor rockabilly bass. The more I played it the more I realized how crappy it was so I returned it and upgraded to a Eastman vb95, what a difference! It's been literally 3 months since I touched an upright for the first time and I'm on my 2nd bass and already played 3 open Mike's and a portion of a gig my band Athabasca Barnburner played this weekend... I think I'm addicted.

seenoweevil
Rising Star

Re: Bought me a new bass! Eastman vb95

Post by seenoweevil » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:20 am

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new bass! Things have been slow on here for a while, but several members still check in regularly. Glad to have you!
my band schedule page:
http://www.leipersforkbluegrassgroup.com/id3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bustamelon
Site Admin

Re: Bought me a new bass! Eastman vb95

Post by bustamelon » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Another congrats and welcome! Haven't played an Eastman bass myself but their other instruments seem to get rave reviews, especially for the price.
2007 New Standard Cleveland, #270 w/ Full Circle
Late 50s Epiphone w/ Realist
57 Fender Precision Reissue
Ampeg B-15 Fliptop
Acoustic Image Coda 2 Channel Combo Amplifier - SERIES 4