Good, inexpensive bass mic

Microphones, sound pressure detectors
Bassectomy
Rising Star

Good, inexpensive bass mic

Post by Bassectomy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:45 pm

My latest bass mic is the Gear One MK1000 kick drum mic that I purchased from Musician's Friend on it's Stupid Deal of the Day a couple of months ago. Since I didn't have Bob G's H-Clamp or any other mic holder, I've just been placing in inside a roll of foam rubber under the tailpiece (which I'd actually quit doing several years ago) and I've been very impressed (and so have some other folks)with the sound I've been getting on each of the last four gigs we've played. Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that it's available again today as The Stupid Deal of the Day at Musicians Friend website for only $19.95. Mine seems to be pretty sturdily built and I haven't had any problems with it, although I've only been using it for a couple of months. With shipping and handling, it was less than 23 bucks or so.

Just thought someone might be interested in a really, really inexpensive but good sounding way to mic your bass-YMMV. Heck, it's cheap enough that if you don't like it, you could give it to a drummer you know as a surprise gift!!! I actually ordered another one today to have as a backup. You might want to go for it. As they say, a man (or girl) can't have too much STUFF!
"I'd rather have a bottle in fronta me than a frontal lobotomy"...Grandad Baker-circa 1967

bustamelon
Site Admin

Re: Good, inexpensive bass mic

Post by bustamelon » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Wow. That is a pretty STUPID deal! :D
2007 New Standard Cleveland, #270 w/ Full Circle
Late 50s Epiphone w/ Realist
57 Fender Precision Reissue
Ampeg B-15 Fliptop
Acoustic Image Coda 2 Channel Combo Amplifier - SERIES 4