Shoulder surgery

Any old topic that's on your mind, so long as it has *something* to do with bluegrass or bass.
seenoweevil
Rising Star

Shoulder surgery

Post by seenoweevil » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:59 am

Ok, since no one else wants to post anything here, I'll just do it myself!
I'm having surgery on my right shoulder to reattach a ligament in my rotator cuff. I've been playing since I tore it a couple months ago - had to go thru the attempts at physical therapy and such, but it's hurting enough I finally had to talk nasty to the surgeon and we're having surgery on Sept. 13th. I tore it picking up an old amp I was going to give to a friend, so it's true, no good deed goes unpunished! Ha! No, I don't believe that.
I hope you guys(and gals) are just too busy playing to write, so doggone it, put some stuff down here! It's gonna be pretty lame reading my trash all the time!
my band schedule page:
http://www.leipersforkbluegrassgroup.com/id3.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bustamelon
Site Admin

Re: Shoulder surgery

Post by bustamelon » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:44 pm

Oh man. Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the surgery!
2007 New Standard Cleveland, #270 w/ Full Circle
Late 50s Epiphone w/ Realist
57 Fender Precision Reissue
Ampeg B-15 Fliptop
Acoustic Image Coda 2 Channel Combo Amplifier - SERIES 4

Dinsdale
Rising Star

Post by Dinsdale » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Take care of yourself. Work the rehab hard. You may no longer be able to pitch for the Dodgers, but you'll get back to thumping in no time!

Yeah, I'll try to post something. Really is odd, and disappointing that these boards have been so quiet.

Our smalltime group lost our mando/banjo, and fiddler. Got a new banjo and are going it as a 4-some. Totally changed our sound/songlist, tho. I just realized today, tho, with banjo, tenor guitar, bass, and cello, it is pretty tough to call us BG!

Oh what the hell. Hereis our weak FB page, w/ a couple of living room recordings on it. We've been playing monthly at a retirement home. Have a couple of gigs coming up in Oct.

flip18436572
Superstar

Post by flip18436572 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:22 am

Hope the surgery goes well and work on the PT. It makes all the difference in the world.

I quit coming here but once a week, because nobody was posting. I moved that to once a month. I hate to see it go.