Tonights show

Any old topic that's on your mind, so long as it has *something* to do with bluegrass or bass.
flip18436572
Superstar

Tonights show

Post by flip18436572 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:57 am

I have two neighbors that play guitar together and they are going to do a free show as their first performance. I said I would help them out and play bass to get them going and run all of my sound gear, so they have a good PA for the first time. This will be my only planned show with them as I have too many other projects going on right now.

But, this is a post about helping others to get them started on performing in public. I have had 2 practices with them and 1 has performed before but about 10 or more years ago. The other has never performed. It is amazing what we know from playing that we need to pass on to the others. They are eager to learn and these are not teenagers but 30+ year olds.

Play music with others and help them get out of their comfort zone.

Dinsdale
Rising Star

Re: Tonights show

Post by Dinsdale » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:27 pm

Good attitude. What type of music? How do they sound? What are their plans?

flip18436572
Superstar

Re: Tonights show

Post by flip18436572 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:12 am

Dinsdale wrote:Good attitude. What type of music? How do they sound? What are their plans?

They were playing mostly newer country with 1 original, some old country and some acoustic versions of some older rock song.

I don't think either one of them have big plans, but they were going to try and do a show, and I know them both from different things and they live close by. So, I said if it worked in my spare time and before they did the show, I would come over and help them out some. I setup my digital PA system and made them sound pretty good with the eq'ing and vocal processing. Vocals was just simple reverbs, compressor, to give them a fuller voice sound. They made mistakes, but I made sure that they kept going with the song, as that was a problem at the practice for one of them.