Are your ears ringing?

Any old topic that's on your mind, so long as it has *something* to do with bluegrass or bass.
wineaux
Legend

Are your ears ringing?

Post by wineaux » Sat May 06, 2017 10:17 am

Just saw Lowendrick off after a brief visit that included a terrific picking party, too little sleep and a chance to compare notes about what some other forum friends are up to.

The visit reminded me that this forum (and its predecessor) helped me form some lasting friendships and played a big role in my musical development.

It also reminded me to check back here more frequently, and to invite all of you to do the same. Bustamelon created a fun clubhouse for us (thank you, sir). Let's take advantage of it.
'47 Kay S-9
1960s carved German factory bass
1860s German flatback
Paul Beard bass Dobro
Kala U-bass

lowendrick
Legend

Re: Are your ears ringing?

Post by lowendrick » Sat May 06, 2017 9:09 pm

Big thanks to Wineaux for being such a generous host. I made a trip to the Beard shop for a quick adjustment to my dobro and to pick up my daughter from college. Wineaux offered to put me up for the night. He then went and planned a pickin/dinner party with some terrific musicians. It was lots of fun. More than that, it was just so enjoyable to sit around and shoot the breeze about all things bass and bluegrass with a good friend from this here forum.
'14 New Standard Cleveland with Realist Lifeline
1940 Kay C-1
'95 Fender MIA P-bass
Acoustic Image Coda 2 Channel Combo SERIES 4
Ampeg 1x15 -old Hot Rize rig w/Slade sticker
Acoustic 150b amp head
Schroeder Mini 12L

flip18436572
Superstar

Post by flip18436572 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:56 am

That is cool. Not many things happen like that anymore.

bustamelon
Site Admin

Post by bustamelon » Wed May 10, 2017 9:57 am

Fantastic!
Glad to hear you guys were able to get together. And thanks for the kind words. I feel I have been a bit remiss in my own attention to this board, and for that I apologize. I'm considering maybe starting something on Facebook, which I believe someone here suggested. Seems that's where everyone spends all their time now. Unfortunately, that's also a place where enemies are made nowadays, and that's my biggest concern. Right now I'm up to my eyeballs in work and real estate transactions (selling/buying/moving), and I accidentally managed to plan a much need vacation just days after the deals are done, so after that I hope to be refreshed, relaxed, and bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
2007 New Standard Cleveland, #270 w/ Full Circle
Late 50s Epiphone w/ Realist
57 Fender Precision Reissue
Ampeg B-15 Fliptop
Acoustic Image Coda 2 Channel Combo Amplifier - SERIES 4