Another old dog coming back!

Any old topic that's on your mind, so long as it has *something* to do with bluegrass or bass.
kenbear
Legend

Another old dog coming back!

Post by kenbear » Fri May 17, 2019 11:08 am

Hello all, been a few years since I posted, but hoping to get back to semi regularly posting.
I had almost quit playing bass due to my back problems, but just cant quit, so I play until I hurt so bad I have to stop.
Our band doesn't do much anymore due to some health problems in the others, and my back problems. I think we have had 3 practices and played 3 gigs in the last year.
I've been playing a little guitar, banjo and mandolin around the house and a few jams, but haven't been doing much bass at all. The exception was last weekend, I played in a band contest with friends in a 15 minute thrown together band, and we won 2nd place!
i hope you all are doing well, i still see a few on Facebook, but have lost contact with others, hopoe to renew some friendships, and meet some new folks......Ken

Basshawg
Legend

Re: Another old dog coming back!

Post by Basshawg » Thu May 23, 2019 7:04 pm

Yawl!!! This is great!! Keep a keeping on bro!!!
"I swing big wood."
1950ish B-4 Epiphone
D'Addario Helicore Hybrid Med. Strings
Adjustable Bridge
Fishman Full Circle Pickup
Acoustic Image Contra Series 11a
B52 18 inch 1200 watt mega bass speaker
Fishman Pro EQ

kenbear
Legend

Re: Another old dog coming back!

Post by kenbear » Mon May 27, 2019 8:45 pm

glad to know a few of us old dogs are still kicking! hope your doing well! hoping to hear from some of the others soon, I will be trying to check in a few times a week . Maybe we can stir up some activity!